Monday, March 2, 2009
When the Universe throws a bump in your path - learn to jump.
Don't you hate it when thing don't go the way you planned? Friday I had big plans for work. I was going to work on the performance appraisals I have to have completed, approved and given by March 13. My parents came into town Thursday night and my mother was not feeling well. My mother woke up Friday morning needing to go to Urgent Care. My father had a doctors appointment he could not miss. So I needed to take my mother to Urgent Care. I called work to let them know that I would be in a late. My mother and I were at Urgent Care when it opened at 8:00 am and then on our way to the pharmacy by 9:00 am. I am thinking this is great - I should be to work by 10:30 am latest. I should have remembered what they say about counting your chickens before they hatch... We are coming out of the store from dropping off my mom's prescriptions and my front driver side tire is flat (but not completely). I can see the large head of what I thought was a nail at the time in my tire. I carefully and slowly drive to the closest gas station to put air in my tire. Then I take my mother home before heading to Discount Tire. I finally make it to Discount Tire without my tire going flat again. They ended up pulling out a bolt ( am still trying to figure out how/where I picked that up). By the time they were done with fixing my tire I would not have gotten to work until 1-1:30ish and I would have had to leave at 2:00 for an off-sight meeting. So I managed to only make it to the meeting that day. Looking back I am grateful that things worked out the way they did because if I had not taken my mother to Urgent Care then I would have either been on the freeway (in rush hour traffic) or downtown in the parking garage when the tire finally went flat. I learned that sometimes it is best not to question the universe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh your poor mom! There is nothing worse than being sick away from home. Glad things worked out. And thats funny the story about Sully and the bananas! I remember asking my dad to watch Porter one time at the cabin...thought he was watching him, then found Porter half way hanging out of his bouncer...way to go Tata! Sometimes in their old age they get a little pre-occipied. haha.
ReplyDeleteWow hope your mom is feeling better now. Funny story about the bananas. If they want it they will find a way.
ReplyDelete